RECAP OF UNIT 15 AND INTRODUCTION TO UNIT 16 (15 minutes)
1. Give out any session notes from Unit 15 and the programme for today. Ask people how they’re getting on with the assignment and if there are any major issues at the moment. Let them know that they will be working on it for a while during this session.
2. Also let people know that a major part of the session will be spent on reflecting on the experience of the course and the kind of impact that it has had for them in both their individual lives and their involvement in their community.
ASSIGNMENT SUPPORT SESSION (30 minutes)
Use this session to help people with their assignment. You will need to check out how people would like to do this. Some people like to work in pairs - taking turns to talk out loud or show any written ideas for their assignment, and thinking through their ideas together. Others prefer to work alone for a while, and some might want individual help.
Try to work out a fair way of using this part of the session.
REVIEW AND EVALUATION
1. This exercise is about reviewing Part 2 of the HIIC course. The purpose of the review is to
- find out the difference that the course has made to participants and tutors (evaluate the outcomes and impacts of the course)
- to demonstrate the underlying methods and approaches (processes) that led to the outcomes and impacts
2. How you approach this is optional. Either hold a general discussion or use either the Time Line or H diagram methods (details of both are available from our website).
Remember having completed the general exercise give out Handout A for students to complete individually.
The evaluations should be forwarded to CHEX.